Monday 13 August 2007

It's a good day to just watch tv!

This will be my first post. I'm actually not too sure if I'm able to maintain this regularly but however, i do realised that this can serve as a very good logbook for all our HEing activity. It'll be interesting to be reading this, one year from now. Plus I did notice I seems to have a bad habit of spending hours replying to just 1 post in some HEing forum. Simply because I would have started my post by responding to their concerns, but somehow ended up rattling on and on and on about something that I've discovered during one of my Eureka moment, and eventually realised I've gone off topic, and will then have to spend the next hour editing down my reply, as accurately as I can! How frustrating!!! So this lead me to thinking, perhaps I should exercise that need of mine, by blogging.

Well, a little bit of introduction to start off with. I'm a 36 years old fulltime mum, HEing soon to be 7 years old son, Gecko Jnr. Son's has been to school but was de-reg after the 1st term of Year One. We're kinda eclectic unschooling, meaning Mama Gecko(me) like the idea of the Classical Education Philosophy, is using that as kinda of rough guideline for our learning, but really I think we're also abit of a radical un-schooling sort of set up, which means lots of child led activities, lots of "Yes, why not" situation; lots and lots of discussion and interaction; watching tv and playing PS2; lots of online games. Lots of story reading which is strictly during bedtimes only, as per Gecko Jnr's preferance. And we are totally writing and workbook free family.

Every now and then, even autonomous me do come across a situation whereby it's SOOoooooo.... difficult to say yes! This is where I then goes on my fact finding mission with loads of reading, loads of posting for help. I then needs to do some ironing, with my old Karrin Allison French cd in the background(somehow, not understanding what she's purring about makes it so calming!) and soon my brain will be thinking! And that Eureka moment will come.

So who knows, maybe somebody, someday might think that some of my philosophy actually does make sense. Like I always say, there's always a method in this HEing madness of ours! We just have to find it!

Thanks for reading.